Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I’m so glad this meme is back from hiatus. This week’s topic is “Ten book recommendations for ______________: (Skies the limit here…examples: for Hufflepuffs, for fans of Game of Thrones, for people who don’t normally read YA, for animal lovers, for video game lovers, etc.” I feel like this week is a good opportunity to share some of my favorite fantasy series, so here is a list for those who would like to read more fantasy novels. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – Perfect for those looking for a fantasy with multiple MCs, anti-heroes, and a fast-paced heist storyline.
2. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi – Technically the second book in Star-Touched Queen series, but can be read as a standalone. Perfect for those looking for the whole package: great characters, vivid world-building, and spellbinding story.
3. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh – Perfect for those looking for an unapologetically fierce heroine and a romance that will make you weak in the knees.
4. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – Perfect for those who like magical fantasy and stellar world-building.
5. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier – Perfect for those who like their fantasy with a dash of fairy tale by the Queen of fantasy. If you haven’t read this author, do it now.
6. Uprooted by Naomi Novik – Perfect for those looking for great world-building, dazzling magical battles, and an unconventional villain.
7. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin – Perfect for those looking for a multi-faceted universe where humans and gods clash.
8. Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho – Perfect for those looking for a fantasy to charm them from start to finish while addressing real-world issues in a historical setting.
9. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente – Perfect for those looking for a middle grade fantasy to fall in love with where every sentence feels like magic.
10. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman – Perfect for those looking for a dragon fantasy and phenomenal writing.
What is your favorite fantasy novel? Have you read any of these books? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.