I have tons of ARCs that I would really like to get to this month and thought, why not join ARC August to give myself a little motivation? ARC August was created and is hosted by Octavia and Shelly @ Read. Sleep. Repeat. This TBR contains more books than I have been getting to in a month, but I am crossing my fingers that some kind of reading god possesses me and I check off most of these as a result. You might notice that all these books are by Latinx authors and that’s because I just can’t help it, I get excited about so many. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Wayward Witch by Zoraida Córdova – I am reading this right now and love Rose’s voice and the world Zoraida has created.
2. Never Look Back by Lilliam Rivera – A Orpheus and Eurydice retelling with Afro-Latinx characters? Yes please. I requested this one from NetGalley the moment it was available.
3. Furia by Yamile Saied Méndez – I am so excited to be a part of the blog tour for this one in September. This one is about an Argentinian soccer player.
4. Each of Us a Desert by Mark Oshiro – I have to tell myself to be patient when it comes to this one because I am so excited and have come close to throwing my whole TBR out the window so I can get to this one already. We don’t get a lot of magical realism novels in YA and this also has horror elements **squeals in excitement**
5. Land of the Cranes by Aida Salazar – I am a huge fan of Aida’s debut The Moon Within and am really excited to read her second MG novel. She is also one of the kindest authors around and if you haven’t gotten a chance to read her stuff, I encourage you to do so.
6. Miss Meteor by Anna-Marie McLemore and Tehlor Kay Mejia – I kind of poured my heart out in an email and HarperTeen showed mercy on me and sent me on ARC of this one. You have not idea how excited I am for this collaboration.
7. Blazewrath Games by Amparo Ortiz – I don’t think it’s likely that I will get to this one this month, but if I have time, I am tackling this dragon book.
Are you participating in ARC August? What’s an ARC that you are hoping to get to soon?