Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Most Anticipated Releases of the Second Half of 2019.” Soooo many. I was able to make an only ten-book list, but I’m sure as we get closer to the second half of the year, there is going to be plenty of other books I’m going to get excited for. How am I going to be able to buy all of these?!?!?! Covers/Titles are linked to Goodreads.
1. Ghost Squad by Claribel Ortega – Claribel was one of the first authors to throw support behind the Latinx Book Club. She’s such a cornerstone in the community. I’m also a fan of her podcast Write or Die. Her debut is coming out this fall and I am so stoked for it. Isn’t the cover so charming? Note that the release date on this changed after I made this post (now scheduled for 2020).
2. Queen of Nothing by Holly Black – So I guess we are getting the third book in the Folk of the Air series sooner rather than later. I’m not exactly sure how I feel about this but it’s coming and I better prepare myself emotionally.
3. Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi – I might need to do a reread of the first, but oh my gosh, my heart just about stopped when I saw the cover for this one.
4. Realm of Ash by Tasha Suri – I loved Empire of Sand so much. It’s definitely in my top 10 Favorite Adult Fantasy list that exists somewhere in my head. This is a companion novel and I could not be more excited.
5. The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh – Ahdieh’s is blessing us with a vampire novel this year and I am smiling wider than I ever thought I’d smile for a vampire novel. Give it to me now.
6. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo – The day has come (or is nearly here) where Bardugo is going to give us a novel not set in the Grishaverse. I’m so excited to see what she does with this book. I’m here some very dark things about it which makes me very excited.
7. Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Easily my most anticipated Adult fiction novel of the year, Silvia Moreno-Garcia impresses me with everything she writes. I have an eARC of this one and I am so excited to read it this summer, which I better do soon since the release date was moved up to July. I read it, it’s fantastic. Of course.
8. The Never Tilting World by Rin Chupeco – Rin Chupeco is an author I feel like I’ve neglected (I will finish The Bone Witch trilogy, I will!), but I am determined not to let this one pass me by.
9. Truly Madly Royally by Debbie Rigaud – My list is very fantasy-centered so making sure I include at least one contemporary. I’m not really into royalty-based books unless it’s in a fantasy setting, but this one sounds so darn cute, straight out of a Hallmark movie, and a black girl gets to be front and center. I am ready.
10. Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin – Yes, we are back to fantasy because I keep saying this one sounds good and then I see something else about it that gets me really excited (the cover, the enemies to lovers trope) and I squeal a little.
Are these on your TBR? Which are you adding? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.