Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Favorite Books in 2018 So Far.” This was an incredibly hard list to put together. Despite the fact that I’ve only had six five-star reads through June, I’ve had a ton of four-star ones and narrowing that number down to four was almost impossible. Still feel like I’m leaving some incredible reads out. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Dread Nation by Justina Ireland – Alternative history with zombies. Discusses racism and white supremacy. Features a protagonist that is rash and brash and wonderfully multi-layered. Read my review here.
2. The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Can’t get over how Silvia-Garcia managed to juggle three very different perspectives so well. Part historical fantasy, part romance, if either of these are your thing, you ought to give this one a shot. Check out my review here.
3. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – This book made me want to give poetry another go. Acevedo’s novel in verse undid me and put me back together again. Read my mini-review here.
4. Monstress, Vol. 2: The Blood by Marjorie M. Liu and Sana Takeda – I am so enamored with this graphic novel series. I don’t have a lot of experience with this medium, but Monstress continues to impress me.
5. Peluda by Melissa Lozado-Oliva – I bought a book of poetry for myself? This is pretty much unheard of, but after watching various YouTube videos of slam poet Melissa Lozado-Oliva, I had to own this.
6. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – I finally got to this one in 2018 and am in love with both of the lead characters. I wouldn’t mind spending another couple of books in Dimple and Rishi’s world. Read my review here.
7. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black – I was so surprised by this novel and the hype was real! I am dreaming about the sequel to this one. Read my review of this enchanting fairy book here.
8. Bruja Born by Zoraida Córdova – I loved this witchy sequel so darn much. The moment I can preorder the third book, I’m doing it. Read my review here.
9. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden – This author’s writing is amazing. I was enamored from start to finish and am so excited to finally get to the sequel. Read my thoughts here.
10. Monday’s Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson – If you’re looking for twisty books that shed light on important issues too, you need to be reaching for this author’s books. Check out my review here.
Have you read any of these? Any of these a favorite read in 2018? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own TTT post in the comments, so I can visit.
Signups for the Summer 2018 Comment Challenge for the month of August are now open! Join us and meet a new blogging friend. We pair bloggers and they spend the month getting to know one another through comments on each other’s blog. Sign-ups for August are open through July 26th. Click the image to the left for all the info.