Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books I Was SO EXCITED to Get, but Still Haven’t Read.” I see that we are calling ourselves out today with this week’s post. Honestly, I could have made an embarrassingly long list with this topic, but for the sake of brevity I have narrowed this list down to ten and am only focusing on books I got in 2020 that I haven’t read yet. 2020 was the first year of the pandemic and so I spent more time than usual thinking about what could keep me busy. Books were the natural choice and so I probably spent way too much money on them that year. Turns out that this is actually the first year of the pandemic where it feels like I am getting more reading done. 2020 and 2021 were sort of meh reading years for me. Go figure. Covers linked to Goodreads.
1. The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa
2. The Undocumented Americans by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio
3. The BreakBeat Poets Vol. 4: LatiNext edited by Felicia Rose Chavez, José Olivarez, and Willie Perdomo
4. The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar
5. A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow
6. The Empire of Gold by S.A. Chakraborty
7. Prime Deceptions by Valerie Valdes
8. Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
9. Into the Forest and All the Way Through by Cynthia Pelayo
10. Latinx Screams edited by V. Castro and Cina PelayoHave you read any of these? Which one should I pick up first? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!