Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Most Recent Additions to My Book Collection.” Between that wild Barnes & Nobel half off hardback sale and Christmas gifts, I have acquired a good amount of books in the last couple of weeks. I feel equal parts excited and kind of guilty that I haven’t gotten to the ones I haven’t read yet. It will probably be a while before I go on another book splurge unless I’m using gift cards. Covers linked to Goodreads.
1. My Heart Is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones – These first five books are thanks to Barnes & Noble’s hardcover book sale. I actually snagged the last copy that the store had of this book. Luckiest I’ve been in years.
2. Bad Witch Burning by Jessica Lewis – Before I even stepped into B&N I had a plan and one of those plans was to get Bad Witch Burning. I had been meaning to read it and it was hard to resist snagging a YA hardback for the half the price.
3. The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water by Zen Cho – I can’t count the number of times I’ve had this one in my cart. The B&N sale finally got me to purchase it.
4. Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything by Raquel Vasquez Gilliland – Even the best plans can be derailed. I went in intending to get this in hardback only to discover my store didn’t have it. But there was a paperback copy and I had come so far and didn’t I deserve a little happiness?!?!?! So I went for it.
5. The All-Consuming World by Cassandra Khaw – I did not intend to buy this book, but I was lured by the price and I knew I probably wouldn’t have bought it otherwise if it wasn’t half off. These adult novels were really hard to resist because it’s so rare to get them at such a cheap price.
6. These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong – I put this and the sequel on my Christmas wishlist this year and was so thankful to receive both. They are both really stunning books in person.
7. Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong – Despite my excitement about receiving this one, I am still very much afraid of it.
8. Dragonblood Ring by Amparo Ortiz – Another Christmas gift and sequel that I should probably prioritize now that I own it.
9. Within These Wicked Walls by Lauren Blackwood – I feel like we are going to see so many YA horror in the next couple of years and I am so happy to see books like this one (also a Christmas gift) being released.
10. Soulstar by C.L. Polk – My final Christmas gift to round out The Kingston Cycle series collection. I’ve heard so many good things about this final book, so I’m excited to get to this one as well as the previous novel.Did you partake in the Barnes & Noble hardback sale? What books were you gifted over the holidays? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!