Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books On My Summer 2022 To-Read List.” I was originally going to list summer 2022 releases I’m excited for for this topic, but after peeking next week’s topic (most anticipated releases for the second half of the year), I decide to scrap the idea as these lists would end up being very similar. So I guess I am actually going to do a TBR list. I don’t make many of these so always take them with a grain of salt. If I get to 50% of them, I’ll call it a success, especially since I’ve been an very moody reader this year. Most of these will be books on my shelf since I am guilty of neglecting so many of them. Covers linked to Goodreads.
1. Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 2 & 3 by Kamome Shirahama – I’m not sure how far I want to get with this manga this summer, but these two volumes are definitely on my read list since I do own them.
2. Witchlings by Claribel A. Ortega – I need a little magic in my life this summer, so I will be reaching for this one in the near future.
3. Daughter of the Moon Goddess by Sue Lynn Tan – Crossing my fingers I can shake off this fantasy slump, so I can finally pick up some amazing titles that have been sitting on my shelf for months.
4. The Daughter of Doctor Moreau by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – I do have a few summer releases on my TBR including this one. I actually have an eARC, so will be getting to it very soon.
5. A Proposal They Can’t Refuse by Natalie Caña – Ironically, I couldn’t refuse this one and I am so ready for the swoons.
6. Bad Witch Burning by Jessica Lewis – I think I’ve put this one off for too long. It has so many elements that I am sure to love.
7. My Mechancal Romance by Alexene Farol Follmuth – Summer calls for all the sweet, romantic contemporaries.
8. Love Times Infinity by Lane Clarke – I won an ARC of this one from Goodreads (an enormously rare occurrence!) and am hoping to get to it before it comes out but if not, I will definitely be getting to it sometimes in the summer.
9. She Who Became the Sun by Shelley Parker-Chan – Starting to feel real guilty about having this one on my shelf for so long. It’s the fantasy slump, I’m telling you!
10. What’s Coming to Me to Francesca Padilla – I am so excited to pick up this debut. I have an eARC, so it will definitely be one I pick up this summer.Have you read any of these or are you planning to? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!