Time for my final book haul post of the year and while I did not plan to buy so many books (is it ever planned?), I really can’t say that I regret any of these purchases. Most of the books I’ve accumulated over the past three months are from Book Outlet. I got to say, those special deals are really hard to resist and when you get a big box of books in the mail, you forget about the fact that Christmas is around the corner and maybe it’s a better idea to save money. Whoops. Click any image below to enlarge.
1. Gilded Cage by Vic James – I won this ARC from Goodreads and everyone who’s read it seemed to enjoy it.
2. The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon – After reading a library copy of this one, I knew I had to own it.
3. Iron Cast by Destiny Soria – I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this eARC and so when the book was finally published, I bought myself a copy.
4. Bad Blood by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – It took me forever to read the third book in her Naturals series. Hopefully it doesn’t take me as long to pick up this final one.
5. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness – I’ve wanted a copy of this one for a long while. I spotted this one at 50% for an after Halloween clearance sale. It immediately went into my cart.
6. How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather – I kind of hoped to like this one more as it was the only book I bought in celebration of Halloween. I may still pick up the sequel however.
7. The Appearance of Annie van Sinderen by Katherine Howe – This one has been on my radar for a while. It sounds like the perfect blend of weird and intriguing.
8. Silver on the Road by Laura Anne Gilman – I remember coming across this one on a few blogs and I was interested enough to include it with this purchase.
10. Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente – Valente’s writing really impressed me and now I think I must read all of her books.
11. The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma – This is a really weird book, but Nova Ren Suma’s writing is so good, it pulls you right in.
12. Places No One Know by Brenna Yovanoff – This is my favorite Brenna Yovanoff novel. If you haven’t read it, please do.
13. The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson – I haven’t read the first book in this series, but everyone seems to love it, so I thought I’d just go for it and buy the second.
14. The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson – I read this author years ago, and I’ve always liked the sound of her books whenever she pops up on other blogs, so I thought I’d give her another try.
15. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson – I really enjoyed The Unexpected Everything, so now I’m on a mission to read all her books.
Book Outlet Purchase #2:
16. Trouble Is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly – I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading it again before picking up the sequel.
17. Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed – I really enjoy this author on Twitter, so I really want to check out her novel.
18. Pointe by Brandy Colbert – I’ve heard so many good things about this one and really need to read it.
19. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon – I was so surprised by this debut and her second book is even better. Now I have both!
20. Stands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson – I’ve heard from a couple of bloggers say that this is their favorite fairy tale retelling and now I simply must check it out.
21. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith – Everyone loves this book and I want to too. Step one is to actually read it though.
22. Prophecy by Ellen Oh – Another author on Twitter whose point of view I always appreciate. This novel sounds pretty amazing, so I’m anxious to read this.
23. Bright By Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt – This one sounds like the perfect light, one-day read and I can’t wait to dive in.
24. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (illustrated by Jim Kay) – I got it, I got it, yes! I may be a little excited to receive this book for Christmas and it’s just as beautiful as I imagined.
Was your book buying out of control these last couple of months as well? What books did you receive for Christmas? How do you resist those Book Outlet sales (I’m trying to resist one now!)? Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!