I had a beautiful series of photos for this book haul post. I spent extra time laying them out and editing and they looked amazing. And then I realized I forgot to include my current read and because that’s been the way my life’s been going lately, this post will only include one new hastily taken photo. I’ve been itching to buy a few books this month, but I held back because I really didn’t know how many books I’d accumulated in the last three months. And surprisingly, I didn’t buy as many books as I thought I did. I should celebrate by buying those books I’ve been eyeing. Ha! Click any image below to enlarge. Title are linked to Goodreads.
2. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi – Chokshi’s writing in her debut The Star-Touched Queen blew me away. I’m really excited to pick up this sequel.
4. Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho – I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about this author and I can’t believe I’ve held on to this book for so long without reading it.
5. Signal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – I’ve been eyeing this author’s other novel Certain Dark Things, but this one sounded too amazing to pass up.
6. The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig – I’m currently reading this sequel right now! The Girl From Everywhere was one of my favorite debuts last year and I’m already loving this follow up.
7. Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson – This book is amazing! I don’t know if I’ve ever come across a more compelling protagonist and I’m still thinking about this novel almost two months later. Read my review here.
9. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas – The book of 2017 that everyone’s been talking about finally debuted and it was a knockout. Please find the time to read this book this year, you won’t be disappointed. Read my review here.
10. Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Pérez – I won a diverse book of choice from Rich in Color and picked this novel which I’ve been dying to read forever. I still haven’t gotten a chance to read it, but I will very soon.
14. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin – This was my first purchase this year because I need to try N.K. Jemisin. I’m really looking forward to this one.
15. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (illustrated by Alice Pattullo) – And the final book purchase I’m sharing is my favorite. I’ve been talking about this edition of Pride and Prejudice forever and I finally got my hands on it. This book is so beautiful, it makes me want to weep. You can take a look at the rest of my photo set for this book here. You’re welcome to tear up too.
What’s your favorite book purchase this year? Have you been purchasing any debuts so far this year?