I made some questionable, but still very satisfying book purchases during this final quarter of 2017. I was not planning on accumulating this many books and now the two shelves I keep my TBR books on are full. I suppose that’s a good enough excuse to maybe forgo the library for a while and read the books I actually own. I ended up making two Book Outlet purchases even though I only planned to make one. In my defense a few of the books I ended up getting that second time around were Christmas gifts (not for me, haha, how dare you accuse me!). I’m hoping that I end up being a bit more conservative at the beginning of 2018. Titles below are linked to Goodreads.
1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (illustrated by Jim Kay) – Yes, I received the latest illustrated edition of HP for Christmas. This is a series that I hope never runs out of magic for future generations.
2. City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty – I gave in. I gave in. I wasn’t planning on buying this, but I kept seeing so many glowing reviews and then a Barnes & Noble coupon fell into my inbox and before I knew it, I was opening a package with this in it.
3. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates – I am terrible when it comes to reading non-fiction, so I wanted to buy a couple of non-fiction books that I can read at a slower pace.
4. The Reader by Traci Chee – This book has been on my TBR for so long. I must read it soon and can I just say that this book is so pretty in person.
5. Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali – I have been trying to get my hands on this one forever and when it showed up on Book Outlet, I was beyond ecstatic.
6. Ruined by Amy Tintera – I’ve been eyeing this fantasy for a really long time and hey, maybe I’ll actually read it now that I own it.
7. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – I haven’t been able to decide whether or not to give this one a try, but saw it on Amazon on sale a couple of weeks ago for really cheap and had a coupon on top of that, so it was so hard to say no.
8. Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West – This was a little Christmas present to myself as it came out the day after Christmas. I can’t wait to check out Kasie West’s newest contemporary.
9. The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – I was really impressed with Certain Dark Things, so I knew I had to get my hands on her latest novel.
10. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi – I’ve been missing MG reads and really want to pick up a few this year. I’m half in love with this one already thanks to the cover.
11. Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Like I mentioned before, I really enjoy this one and was so happy to find it on Book Outlet.
12. I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez – I finally have my hands on this debut. I must get to it soon.
13. Not Now, Not Ever by Lily Anderson – I’ve got the newest Lily Anderson book! I’m doing a happy dance. This is my first read of 2018 as well.
14. The Gauntlet by Karuna Riazi – I was so mad at myself when I made my initial Book Outlet purchase because I completely forgot about this book. I’m so glad I got another opportunity to get my hands on this one.
15. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – I feel like everyone has read this novel and though I wasn’t sure if I ought to give it a shot, cheap books are my weakness.
16. The School of Good and Evil by Soman Chainani – I was initially going to buy this for my nephew, but decided on another book, but I was still so curious as I’ve heard lots of good things, so I bought for myself.
17. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao – I loved this debut and read an ARC. I finally went ahead and bought myself a finished copy.
18. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han – I wasn’t sure if I was going to finish the series as I thought it functioned better as a standalone, but I really enjoy Lara Jean as a character, so I need to find out where her story goes.
19. Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo – I don’t really read superhero books, but this is written by Leigh Bardugo. I won this ARC copy from Jade @ Bedtime Bookworm.
20. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord – I thought this contemporary was the cutest and am I the only one that thinks the paperback edition is prettier than the hardback?
21. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton – I never got a chance to read this one and even checked it out from the library at one point (returned it without cracking it open). Now that I own it, I can actually read it.
22. The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Barry – How many times have I be recommended this book? Now I have no excuse for not reading this one.
23. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee – I still haven’t read the other book of hers that I own, but I couldn’t resist buying this.
24. These Vicious Mask by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas – I wasn’t completely in love with this one, but I’m curious enough (the price is cheap enough) that I decided to add it to one of my Book Outlet orders.
25. These Worthless Deeds by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas – What I said above.
26. Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid – I really want to read this author’s latest book, but somehow ended up with his debut after making a used book purchase.
27. Speak of Me As I Am by Sonia Belasco – Another used book I bought recently that I’m really curious about. Haven’t seen anyone in the book blogging community review this one.
28. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore – I preordered this one months and months ago and it’s as beautiful inside and out as I imagine it would be.
29. The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Lee – This was such a fun read that I acquired a used copy of when I saw all the praise it had received.
30. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – This has been such a fun series to read and I’m so glad I finally have this first book on my shelf.
31. Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco – Yes to more Audrey Rose and Thomas. I heard we are actually getting four books in this series. So excited.
32. Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor – This has been on my radar for ages and it’s perfect for my goal to read more MG books this year.
33. The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman – I’ve really been enjoying this series and had to snatch this one up when it appeared on Book Outlet.
What book purchase was your favorite from the last three months of the year? Did you buy a ton of books from Book Outlet like I did? Let’s talk in the comments.