Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Unlikable Characters You Can’t Help but Love.” I’m not really into this week’s topic. Maybe it’s because I feel like I’ve changed the way I approach unlikable characters. I’m not so much interested in whether they are unlikable, I’m more interested in whether they are compelling. So I thought it would be fun to do a list of characters who make decisions that had me screaming “No, don’t do it!” but they did it anyway. I also still love all these characters despite their many many flaws. Also no spoilers in the comments please! I still need to finish several of these series. Covers linked to Goodreads.
1. Hilo from the Green Bone Saga
2. Séverin from The Gilded Wolves
3. Nahri, Dara, Ali from The Daevabad Trilogy
4. Meche from Signal to Noise
5. Lula from Bruja Born
6. Every POV character in the Witchlands series
7. Kai from The Sixth World
8. Nazir and Altair from Sands of Arawiya
9. Hector from The Beautiful Ones (and Valérie but not in a loving way)
10. Henry from The Fixer duologyDid any of these characters’ choices make you scream as well? Who are your favorite characters who make poor decisions? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!