Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Typographic Book Covers.” I wasn’t sure what to do with this topic. I was going to go with favorite title fonts or covers with prominent titles, but wasn’t really feeling either of those. Then it occurred to me, one of my favorite things to see on book covers is characters interacting with the title of a book. I feel like it subtly prepares the reader for an immersive and fun experience. What I didn’t realize is there aren’t quite as many as I thought there were, so I had to interpret “interacting” loosely for this topic to work and also had to include a couple of TBR books. Covers linked to Goodreads.
1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
2. The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F. C. Yee
3. Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
4. Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon
5. A Pho Love Story by Loan Le
6. It Sounds Like This by Anna Meriano
7. By the Book by Jasmine Guillory
8. Meet Cure Diary by Emery Lee
9. Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
10. Love from Mecca to Medina by S. K. AliHave you read any of these? Can you think of any other books where the characters interact with the title on the cover? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!