Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Authors I Haven’t Read, But Want To.” This could have easily been a list with dozens of authors. My official TBR is really out of control. For this list, I am only listing authors whose books make multiple appearances on my TBR. These are usually authors I’ve been meaning to read for years and just haven’t gotten around to. Feel free to bully me in the comments. Covers linked to Goodreads.
1. Brandy Colbert – Starting this list off with Brandy Colbert. I have the most books by her on my TBR out of all these authors (around five and I own one – Little & Lion), but still have never read anything by her. Yikes.
2. Emily X.R. Pan – Soon, Emily, soon we will meet. I have been meaning to read the Astonishing Color of After for years now (it’s on my list of backlist books I intend to get to this year.).
3. Ben Philippe – I have heard so many good things about Ben Philippe’s books, but haven’t picked up either of his two YA books.
4. Tananarive Due – It feels almost blasphemous that I’ve been getting into horror lately but have never read Tananarive Due yet. The Good House is one I really want to read (but am a bit intimidated by) and I own The Between. She has quite the portfolio, so I should probably start soon.
5. Nghi Vo – I feel like I’ve been meaning to pick up Nghi Vo’s The Singing Hills Cycle for so long and yet…I need to actually do this this year. I don’t know what I’m waiting for as it’s a novella series and shouldn’t take too much time.
6. Darcie Little Badger – There is just something magical sounding and enchanting about Darcie Little Badger’s books, it’s a shame I haven’t read them yet.
7. June Hur – I’m not a big historical fiction reader which is probably why I haven’t picked up June Hur, but so many people love her books and I finally gave in and bought The Silence of Bones a couple of weeks ago.
8. Laura Taylor Namey – Guilt is the best word to describe how I feel about not reading Laura Taylor Namey yet. I have all three of her books on my TBR. I even won a signed copy of her debut and yet it sits on my shelf unread and neglected.
9. Mary H.K. Choi – Emergency Contact went on my TBR way back when it was first released and I own Permanent Record after buying it on the whim. I think when these came out, contemporary wasn’t a genre I picked up too often, but now that I read it more, I ought to fit these in finally.
10. Kwame Mbalia – How can I be a fan of middle grade and have never picked up Kwame Mbalia’s Tristan Strong series? I need to rectify this STAT.Have you read any of these authors? Who do you recommend I pick up first? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!