Who is in the mood to be shamed? Just me? Well, that’s alright. I had a feeling earlier in the year that I wasn’t going to read as many books as I usually do and even though I read a lot the last couple of months, I still think my 2021 final total will be modest compared to past years. I’ve also been a particularly moody reader especially in the latter part of 2021 which means a lot of the books I was excited for didn’t end up on my read list. Today I am looking back at releases from this year that I meant to pick up but didn’t. I am feeling a pretty good amount of guilt over these especially the ones that are by favorite authors (I’m so sorry, Tasha Suri and Silvia Moreno-Garcia!). There is still one month left in the year, so I can hopefully get to at least some of these. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. The Jasmine Throne by Tashi Suri
2. Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley
3. The Bronzed Beasts by Roshani Chokshi
4. Black Water Sister by Zen Cho
5. The Ones We’re Meant to Find by Joan He
6. Our Way Back to Always by Nina Moreno
7. Dreaming of You by Melissa Lozado-Oliva
8. Ace of Shades by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé
9. The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina by Zoraida Córdova
10. The Return of the Sorceress by Silvia Moreno-GarciaWhich of these do I need to immediately pick up? Which 2021 releases do you feel guilty about not getting to?