Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Freebie.” Today’s topic is all about library holds: which books I have checked out and which books I will be putting on hold in the future. I actually went to the library last month for the first time in months and got a little carried away. My check out receipts are basically the bookish equivalent of “Biting off more than you can chew.” Sometimes I just get so excited and forget that I haven’t been inhaling books this year, so maybe checking out five books for a two-week period isn’t such a good idea. Will I ever learn my lesson? Covers are linked to Goodreads.
Please check out mutualaidindia.com for places to donate to assist in covid relief in India.
1. Witchmark by C.L. Polk – I finally have this book checked out from the library, but I’ve also renewed it twice because I haven’t found the time to read it.
2. Children of Chicago by Cynthia Pelayo – I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to get my hands on this one, but I was so happy to find that my library did order a copy, but now it sits on my dresser just waiting and waiting.
3. The Mary Shelley Club by Goldy Moldavsky – I checked this one out because I thought it would make a nice compliment to Children of Chicago, but I didn’t realize it was nearly 500 pages long and I don’t know if I can make that kind of commitment this month.
4. Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Universe by Kwame Mbalia – I need someone to bully me into requesting this one from the library already because it is far past time for me to finally read it.
5. Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything by Raquel Vasquez Gilliland – I kept saying this was going to be the first book I checked out from the library when I went back and it wasn’t, so it automatically is at the top of my future holds list.
6. Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas – I have been waiting to read this one for ages. If I can carve out some time, I might request it before the end of the summer.
7. I’ll Be the One by Lyla Lee – I’ve heard so many good things about this one and summer seems like the perfect time to read it.
8. The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart – If I can get through some of the adult fantasy books I have on my shelf, there are a few I want to check out form the library including this one.
9. Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley – I try to hold off on checking out too many newer releases from the library right away because I usually can’t renew them, but I really want to read this one.
10. Color Me In by Natasha Díaz – I can’t believe I still haven’t read this one, but it’s on my list of books I really need to get to this year.Have you read any of these? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!