Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books That Made Me Laugh Out Loud.” I don’t read enough books that make me laugh. I am the kind of reader that likes to be tortured a little bit. So I need to tweak this week’s topic a bit and instead of naming books that make me laugh, I’m listing books that were fun to read. Sometimes tears were involved, but in the end, I just had a great time reading these books. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
If you are able, please consider donating to 805 Undocufund here which is providing support for families during this pandemic who aren’t currently eligible for stimulus checks.
1. Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez – The first book I thought of when I first saw this topic was Sal & Gabi. If there is any book on this list that did make me laugh out loud, it was this one.
2. Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas – I had so much fun reading this book. You know those books where the rapport between characters is just so good you can’t help but love them? This is that kind of book.
3. The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow – On the surface this is a sci-fi book about an alien invasion, but what makes this one stand out to me is how quietly sweet it is and the cinnamon roll lead characters made this one a really fun read.
4. Blazewrath Games by Amparo Ortiz – This is the first book I thought of when I decided I wanted to do fun books instead of funny ones. I had a blast reading this one. It was just so adventurous.
5. Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert – One of the things that stands out to me about romance books is how much fun I get out of them. They manage to be light and at the same time feel like these great character-driven stories. This is my personal favorite romance novel.
6. Wicked Fox by Kat Cho – I didn’t get a chance to write a review for this one last year, but one of the books that sticks out to me as a fun read is Wicked Fox. It reminded me of the YA books publishing used to acquire before it began to push more grim books.
7. Jade War by Fonda Lee – This is one of the books I was talking about when I said there may be tears, but you’ll still really enjoy the journey. I am still thinking about THAT scene, but Jade War was such a fun and entertaining read.
8. The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson – I can’t think of anything more fun than a book full of amazing banter. If you are a fan of rivals to lovers, this needs to be on your TBR.
9. Chilling Effect by Valerie Valdes – This is one of those novels that excels at being both funny and action-packed. It really was the epitome of a sci-fi romp.
10. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson – One of the first graphic novels I read was Nimona and I had such a wonderful time reading it. I am actually about to gift this one to my nephew and am really excited to introduce it to him.
What’s the first book you think of when you think of a fun book? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!