Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Valentine’s Day/Love Freebie.” Who else had tons of ideas for this week but serious doubted you could pull them off? After going through several different topics, I finally settled on featuring books with the fake dating trope. It’s one of my favorites and surely, I had read at least ten books with the trope, right? I was wrong. Even though I do love the trope, it’s apparently not one I’ve picked up very often. So this week I am listing five books with the fake dating trope I highly recommend and five books with the trope that are on my TBR. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
If you are able, please consider donating to 805 Undocufund here which is providing support for families during this pandemic who aren’t currently eligible for stimulus checks.
Fake Dating Books I’d Recommend:
1. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
2. Analee, in Real Life by Janelle Milanes
3. Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert
4. 10 Things I Hate About Pinky by Sandhya Menon
5. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
Fake Dating Books on My TBR:
6. Rent a Boyfriend by Gloria Chao
7. Meet Cute Diary by Emery Lee
8. Like a Love Song by Gabriela Martins
9. Counting Down with You by Tashie Bhuiyan
10. Hani and Ishu’s Guide to Fake Dating by Adiba Jaigirdar
Are you a fan of the fake dating trope? What’s your favorite book featuring the trope or one that is on your TBR? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!