Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Resolutions/Hopes for 2021.” I…have not thought about resolutions for the new year. Between trying to get through the last few weeks of 2020 and the chaos that 2021 is apparently going to bring us, I have not even attempted to sit down and figure out what challenges I am participating in or forming any book or blogging related goals, so this list is going to be the first things that come to mind.
If you are able, please consider donating to Bitches Brew here, providing mutual aid for Black, Indigenous, and Latinx trans women by providing funds for hormone replacement therapy.
1. Read Latinx Authors – As I have been doing for the last few years, it’s important to me that I help promote books from Latinx communities and this includes prioritizing books by said authors.
2. Read Diversely – Also high on my list of priorities is being intentional with what I pick up and who I promote. Most of the books I read in 2020 were books by authors from marginalized communities. I will continue this effort in 2021.
3. Being more engaged on Instagram – I started 2020 with the intention of posting more regularly, but these days I am lucky if I get one photo out there a week. I don’t necessarily want to change this, but I do want to be more engaged through commenting.
4. Limit my book buying – Please don’t laugh at me, I’m laughing enough at myself. But in my head I want to only buy a book a month and maybe a couple here and there if I get through some of the books I own. This is very vague and I don’t have a concrete plan for it, but I am going to try my best.
5. Go to the library – This is tied to the above goal. I did not go to the library often in 2020. This has a lot to do with the pandemic, but I will probably have to rely on the library more this year for books to read.
6. Read less ARCs – I haven’t sat down and calculated, but I am pretty sure that I read more ARCs in 2020 than any other year of blogging. And my stress levels around August were at its peak because of this. This year I will be requesting less.
7. More blog hopping – I was terrible at this in 2020 and I am sorry. I want to do better.
8. Read more adult fantasy – I really want to read more adult fantasy books. I feel like there are so many out there that I would love, and I need to familiarize myself with the genre.
9. Read more horror – From middle grade through adult, I want my 2021 to be filled with fictional horrors.
10. Lean in to the mood reading – I know it’s common for us mood readers to talk about why we can’t read something because we aren’t in the mood, but I think we need to lean in to our moods. Never do I enjoy a good book than when I am in the mood for it. I need to embrace this.
Do we share any resolutions? What genre are you hoping to read more of in 2021? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!