Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “The Last Ten Books I Abandoned.” I don’t DNF a lot of books these days and when I do, I don’t tend to keep track of them. As a result, this week’s topic was a little difficult to come up with titles for. Instead, I am listing ten complete series that I still haven’t finished. I have every intention of finishing these (or at some point had the intention) and only time will tell if I ever get to them. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan – I truly believe I will finish this series. I own the box set and have read the first two, but don’t know when I will finish. I might just carve out a week and binge the last books.
2. Lady Helen series by Alison Goodman – I really enjoyed the first two books in this series, but didn’t buy/check out the last book for whatever reason. I do want to finish this and find out what happens.
3. Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta – I own the last two books in this series and do want to read them, but I have to work myself up to reread Finnikin first. It’s now been years.
4. The Broken Earth series by N.K. Jemisin – I have the second book in this series and really no excuse for why I haven’t picked it up yet.
5. And I Darken series by Kiersten White – I really enjoyed the first book but haven’t found myself motivated to pick up the second. I’m not sure why, Lada is one of my favorite characters. Maybe I’m just afraid to see how it all ends.
6. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – I love Six of Crows and it will always be a favorite, but at this point, unless Bargudo writes a novel as a direct sequel of this duology, I don’t think I am going to pick it up. I never finished The Grisha Trilogy and don’t have a huge desire to.
7. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – I avoided book three for over a year and finally picked it up, so at some point I will finish this series.
8. Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier – Oooh, I feel really guilty about this one. It’s one of her YA series, but the more time that passes, the more I realize I prefer her adult novels (the exception is her Wildwood duology). If I’m honest, I might never finish this last book.
9. Starbound series by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – I put this last book off because I didn’t want it to end and now it’s been so long, the only thing I remember fondly about the series are the breathtaking covers.
10. The Bone Witch series by Rin Chupeco – I do really want to finish this series, I just need a reread of the first. Sometime this year, if I can I will fit it in and continue it.
Which series on your shelf have you yet to finish? What complete series would you like to get to this year? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.