I originally planned to do a recap every month of these two challenges, but it looks like every two months will be the plan going forward. We will start with the Year of the Asian reading challenge which is hosted by Lily @ Sprinkles of Dreams, Shealea @ Shut Up Shealea, Vicky @ Vicky Who Reads, and CW @ The Quiet Pond. Be sure to check out their blogs to join and challenge yourself to read as many books by Asian authors as you can. I did not get very far with this one over the last two months, but there are several books that I am hoping to pick up in May and June. Covers linked to Goodreads.
Books by Asian authors I read in March:
- The Dragon Republic by R. F. Kuang
Reading Challenge Goal: 11-20 books; Current Count: 4 books
I did much better with this challenge. For those unfamiliar, the Con Sabor Reading Challenge is hosted by Dani @ metamorphoreader, Astrid @ Book Love Book Reviews, Natalia @ Books.Build.Life, and Nox @ Nox the Reader and focuses on encouraging readers to read Latinx authors. I am still aiming to read at least 30 books by Latinx authors this year. I think I’m going to succeed, especially considering how many I picked up over the last couple of months. Covers linked to Goodreads.
Books by Latinx authors I read in March and April:
- Ghost Squad by Claribel A. Ortega
- In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado
- Into the Tall, Tall Grass by Loriel Ryon
- Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From by Jennifer De Leon
- A Sprinkle of Spirits by Anna Meriano
- Incendiary by Zoraida Córdova
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Sal & Gabi Fix the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
Reading Challenge goal: 30 books; Current Count: 13 books
Badges earned so far for this challenge:
Have you joined these challenges this year? Have you read any of these books as well? Let’s discuss in the comments!