Hope everyone is having at least a bearable week. I was trying to decide how I felt about the amount of books I bought this first quarter of the year since I told myself that I needed to be more strict with the impulse buying. Circumstances have changed and now that my library is closed at least though the month of April, it looks like I ought to be grateful for every single book I ended up buying. Let’s get to the books.
New Releases and Preorders:
1. Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim – I can’t believe that I haven’t picked up this author and in a moment of weakness, I bought her newest release. It’s a retelling of The Count of Monte Cristo.
2. Dark and Deepest Red by Anna-Marie McLemore – My very short list of auto-buy authors includes the incomparable Anna-Marie McLemore. I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this one and it is as beautiful as I imagined it would be. Read them!!!!
3. We Unleash the Merciless Storm by Tehlor Kay Mejia – I haven’t had a chance to read this sequel but I am so excited and only a little worried Tehlor will crush me with this one.
4. Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon – I’ve enjoyed every single Sandhya Menon novel to date and preordered this one based on that. Unfortunately, I didn’t love this one as much as the others.
5. This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone – Considering this a preorder since I preordered the paperback release. When everything started closing, this was my final book buy. A comfort reread is probably coming soon.
6. Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barton – I got a really good deal on this one and every time I come across an excerpt from it, I grow even more intrigued, so I can’t wait to get to it.
7. Permanent Record by Mary H.K. Choi – I haven’t even read her debut, but I was really curious about this one and the book itself is just really pretty, okay?
8. If It Makes You Happy by Claire Kann – I LOVED Let’s Talk About Love and immediately bought this one upon finishing it. I cannot wait to read it.
9. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – I still haven’t gotten a chance to read this one but once I take care of a few ARCs, this is high on my TBR. I bought this one after reading Caro’s review here.
10. Citizen Illegal by José Olivarez – You can’t make out the book in this photo very well but I absolutely had to have a copy of this collection after I finished my library copy.
11. Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older – I figured it was about time I bought this one as I do want to finally finish the series, but first I need to do a reread.
12. A Dash of Trouble by Anna Meriano – This was the Latinx Book Club’s pick for March and I am so glad because this one was just as charming the second time around.
13. Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Friends. FRIENDS. FRIENDS!!!!!! It happened. I have an ARC of one one of my most anticipated 2020 releases. I cannot describe to you this feeling but elation is as close as I can get.
14. Lobizona by Romina Garber – I was also lucky enough to receive an ARC of Lobizona. I am very excited for this one and those who have already read it, seem to love it.
15. Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From by Jennifer De Leon– Another ARC I had the pleasure of receiving. Honestly, I have never received so many ARCs by Latinx authors than I have over the course of the last six month. I am truly blessed.
What is the last book you purchased? Are any of these on your TBR? Which ARC do you wish publishers would send you?