Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Authors Who Have a Fun Social Media Presence.” I did a bit of a twist on this week’s topic and am listing ten authors whose social media I have followed for years but whose books I haven’t read yet. Honestly, this list is about a mile long so I am sticking to the ones that make me feel the most guilty. Maybe I have followed them for a long time or perhaps I’ve had their book on my shelf for years. Either way, I ought to get to their books soon. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Aisha Saeed – I have Written in the Stars on my shelf and Amal Unbound on my TBR. One day I will even read them.
2. Adi Alsaid – All his books are on my TBR including Never Always Sometimes which is also on my shelf. May this be the year I finally pick him up.
3. Paul Kreuger – I own both Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge and Steel Crow Heart and have read neither. I do plan to read the latter this year though.
4. Brandy Colbert – I’ve been meaning to get to Little & Lion for years and finally got my hands on it last year, but still haven’t read it.
5. Jason Reynolds – Can you be a fan of somebody without reading them? I still feel like a Jason Reynolds fan even though I haven’t picked up any of his books.
6. David Bowles – I have learned so much from following David on Twitter and this year I finally plan to pick up some of his books. I hope.
7. Mark Oshiro – Anger Is a Gift is a book I’ve put off because of how emotionally-heavy it is going to be, but I need to pick it up because Mark has another book coming out soon.
8. L.L. McKinney – I have had every intention of picking up A Blade So Black but just haven’t gotten around to it. I have this one checked out from the library, so hoping I can cross this off soon.
9. Sona Charaipotra – I have an ARC of Symptoms of a Heart Break but never got a chance to read it before the publication date. But I fully intend to soon.
10. Natasha Ngan – I’ve had her first book on my shelf since its release, but in my defense I know you have to be emotionally prepared for some of the subject matter and I just haven’t been in the right mindset for it.
Who do you follow on Twitter or other social media platforms and haven’t read yet? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.