Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “The Ten Most Recent Additions to My Bookshelf.” I feel like I will end up being kind of repetitive if I do this week’s topic because I just did a blog post of my book haul for the end of 2019, which you can check out here. So for this week’s topic, I am going to list the last ten books I added to my TBR (minus the ones I’ve had to re-add on Goodreads because whenever I am adding TBR books to my other shelves, Goodreads likes to mark them as “read”. Anyone else have this issue?). This is super out of order and probably not completely accurate because I have added books since starting this post. Covers/titles are linked to Goodreads.
1. Shatter the Sky by Rebecca Kim Wells – Why I Added It: This book came up while I was discussing SFF books that addressed colonialism with Jocelyn @ yogi with a book. It’s one of those books that I’ve tangentially known about, but I had to add it because of Jocelyn’s recommendation.
2. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – Why I Added It: Another book I added to my TBR based on the recommendation of another blogger, Caro @ Santana Reads. They have been raving about this one for a while and I had to get my hands on it.
3. Chlorine Sky by Mahogany L. Browne – Why I Added It: I came across the publishing deal for this one on Twitter and immediately had to add it. It’s another novel in verse I am eager to check out.
4. Perfectly Parvin by Olivia Abtahi – Why I Added It: As you know, I like to support Latinx writers, but publishing isn’t so great about recognizing how diverse the community is. Olivia Abtahi is Argentinian and Iranian and her rom-com sounds like an absolute delight.
5. Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson – Why I Added It: Even though I am behind on Tiffany D. Jackson novels (I will read Let Me Hear a Rhyme this year), I quickly added her next book as soon as I heard about it. I don’t even know what it’s about, but I want it.
6. We Are Not From Here by Jenny Torres Sanchez – Why I Added it: I actually didn’t realize I hadn’t added this one to my TBR. I haven’t picked up a Jenny Torres Sanchez novel since Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia, but am really looking forward to seeing what she does with this one.
7. You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson – Why I Added it: Have you seen the cover for this one? It looks like a delight. The synopsis sealed the deal for me, about a girl running for prom queen to help her get into college, but who ends up falling for her competition.
8. I’ll Be the One by Lyla Lee – What I Added It: Again, I am a sucker for a cover with girls of color looking happy and doesn’t she just look so happy? I am already rooting for Skye.
9. Prime Deception by Valerie Valdes – Why I Added It: I loved Chilling Effect, so of course I had to add the sequel once I realized it existed.
10. The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri – Look, Tasha Suri is going to bless us with another novel in 2021!!!! This one is an Indian-based fantasy with f/f romance and the start of a trilogy from one of my favorite writers!
Do you have these on your TBR as well? What’s the last book you added to yours? Any of these going on your TBR after seeing them here? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.