This “Christmassy” series is brought to you by my love of books by Latinx authors and my need for all of you to read them. Every day for twelve days leading up to Christmas, I will be gifting you all with a recommendation of a book by a Latinx author, along with twelve reasons why you should pick it up. Hoping to have lots of fun with with series which I am not so subtly calling Twelve Days of… Latinx Book Recommendations. Covers are linked to Goodreads. Feel free to sing this first part to yourself aloud.
♬On the eleventh day of Christmas, my favorite Latinx blogger gave to me, a recommendation for…♬
Analee in Real Life by Janelle Milanes
Reasons You Need to Pick This One Up:
1. Fake dating trope
3. Predictable yet unpredictable tropey storyline
4. Positive step-relationships
5. Introvert learning to get out of her comfort zone
6. Present family in a contemporary
7. MC dealing with the loss of a parent
8. Believable teen narrator
9. MC dealing with social anxiety
10. Cuban-American girl learning to love her body
11. MC’s personal arc > romantic arc
12. Realizing that some crushes are better off as friendships
Have you read this one? Are you planning to read it? What’s your favorite book with the fake dating trope?