This “Christmassy” series is brought to you by my love of books by Latinx authors and my need for all of you to read them. Every day for twelve days leading up to Christmas, I will be gifting you all with a recommendation of a book by a Latinx author, along with twelve reasons why you should pick it up. Hoping to have lots of fun with with series which I am not so subtly calling Twelve Days of… Latinx Book Recommendations. Covers are linked to Goodreads. Feel free to sing this first part to yourself aloud.
♬On the sixth day of Christmas, my favorite Latinx blogger gave to me, a recommendation for…♬
We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia
Reasons You Need to Pick This One Up:
1. Mythological roots
2. Dominate religion weaponized for political purposes
4. Allegory for today’s immigration issues
5. Main character who must hide she’s undocumented
6. Down with the patriarchy
7. Exploration of women contributing to the patriarchy
8. F/F enemies to lovers romance
9. Latinx culture
12. Ending that will gut you
Have you read this one? Are you planning to read it? What’s your favorite f/f romance with Latinx characters?