Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Holiday Reads.” So I don’t have too many books that necessarily remind me of the holidays, probably because I don’t pick up a lot of seasonal themed books. That being said, what does remind me of the holiday season is buying books for my nieces and nephews. This year the older ones are at the perfect age for MG and even some YA books and I am so excited. So for this week’s topic, I am sharing ten books I am considering buying for them this Christmas. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Dear Martin by Nic Stone
2. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
3. Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden
4. Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia
5. Lety Out Loud by Angela Cervantes
6. Tight by Torrey Maldonado
7. Dragon Pearl by Yoon Ha Lee
8. Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
9. The Strangers by Margaret Peterson Haddix
10. The Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste
Do you gift books for the holiday season? Any you are considering and for whom? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.