Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Thankful Freebie,” but because I have a couple of TTT posts in my drafts I didn’t get a chance to share, I am going to post one of those. This posts’s topic is “Books On My TBR I’m Avoiding Reading and Why” and lo and behold, I didn’t have to change a single one of these on my list because I am still avoiding them all. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera – I’ve learned to space out my Adam Silvera books because he just loves to rip out readers’ hearts and stomp on them. I do really want to get to this one before the year ends. Stomp away, Adam, stomp away.
2. Jade City by Fonda Lee – I love fantasy and I’ve been getting into more adult fantasy lately, but this one is so thick and every time I look at it I think of all the other books I can get through during the same period of time.
3. I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez – I think my expectations for this one are just so high which is why I’ve now been avoiding it for years.
4. Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West – I’ve been terrible at picking up Kasie West novels lately. Maybe I’m just in the mood for something different in terms of the contemporaries. I’ve had this one for a while and started it a couple of times, only to get that nagging feeling that I’m not going to like it. I might skip it all together if I’m honest.
5. Vicious by VE. Schwab – Another book I’ve avoided. I am pretty sure I will love it and yet it just sits there on my shelf looking all sad.
6. Now I Rise by Kiersten White – I loved And I Darken and have no excuse for putting this off other than I haven’t been in the mood to see these characters suffer. It’s now been so long I’m in need of a reread before picking this one up.
7. Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik– I’ve had high expectations for this one because of how much I loved Uprooted, but a couple of other bloggers who have similar taste said they didn’t enjoy this one as much which has me hesitant to pick it up.
8. Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco – I put this one off last year and there’s just been so many other books to pick up, I think I’ve forgotten my love for this duo. I really do plan on reading it and finishing off the series, but probably not until next year.
9. Monstress, Vol. 3: Haven by Marjorie M. Liu, Illustrated by Sana Takeda – So me avoiding this one goes something like this…”I just don’t want to say goodbye, okay? And I have no idea if this is the actual end, but I’ve always assumed as much and that’s why I’ve avoided it. What is this? People talking about a volume four? I’m laughing rn because I am so dumb, haha.”
10. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta – The only reason I’ve avoided this and the next book is because I know I need a reread of Finnikin and I have to be in the mood for it and that just hasn’t happened.
Have you been avoiding any of these as well? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.