Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books I’ve Read That I’d Like In My Personal Library.” I usually buy books I really enjoy, but sometimes I’m waiting for a really good deal or fool myself into thinking I already own them. At some point I would like to own the following books, but technically I’m on a book buying ban, so it won’t be anytime soon. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera – I’ve read more Adam Silvera books than I own and the one I do own is the one I haven’t even read yet. I’ve failed.
2. A Dash of Trouble by Anna Meriano – I’ve technically bought this book, but it was a gift for my niece. I’ve had it in my online cart for months and months, but haven’t bought it yet.
3. Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older – I really want to revisit this series and continue it, but I feel like I have a better chance of doing so if I actually owned the first.
4. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco – I have a Bone Witch ARC and own the hardback for the sequel. I really want to own the first in hardback so the series can match on my shelf, but last time I checked it was no longer available 😦
5. Gabi, a Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero – This is one of my favorite books by a Latinx author, but despite this, I don’t own it. What a shame.
6. Sadie by Courtney Summers – I think because I’ve heard so many good things about the audio, it has me hesitant to buy the physical novel when I could purchase the audio instead.
7. The Hollow Girl by Hillary Monahan– One of the most underrated novels I’ve ever read, The Hollow Girl deserves all the praise and my money. Maybe I’ll gift myself this one for Christmas…or Halloween.
8. The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork – One of the first YA books I read by a Latinx writer that really stuck with me, I don’t know why I haven’t purchased a copy for my personal library.
9. We Are Okay by Nina LaCour – The was a such sad but beautiful novel. I really wish I would have bought the hardcover, but it looks like I will end up settling for the paperback.
10. Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire – I’ve only read the first two in the novella series, but I adore them and am hoping to own them at some point. But I can also see the publisher redesigning these covers in the future, so maybe I’ll wait just a little longer.
Which book do you wish you had purchased when you read it? Any book you wish you owned but is now hard to find? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.