Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Book Characters I’d Love to Be Besties With.” I feel like I’ve done versions of this list many times before. I recently did one on my literary soul mates and if I did this topic as it is written, I would end up just naming all of them over again. So for this list, I am going to name ten characters I met in 2019 that I would like to hang out with. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Enrique from The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi – I’m not sure Enrique is necessarily my favorite character from this book (honestly, it would be too hard to choose), but he feels like the most fun and I’m certain I’d be cracking up left and right if I hung out with him.
2. Rosa from Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno – A planner after my own heart? I feel like I would have a lot in common with Rosa. We could totally hang out in Port Coral together and she could give me a tour and I could fall in love all over again with this place and never leave.
3. Alfie and Finn from Nocturna by Maya Motayne – It most definitely is not cheating to name two characters at once. These two were a whole lot of fun to get to know and I wouldn’t mind breaking a few laws with them by my side.
4. Silas from Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – Who wouldn’t want to hang out with a demon with a heart of gold? Silas was my favorite character in this one and even though I know it’s dangerous to trust a demon, I just love him so much anyway.
5. Zayneb from Love From A to Z by S.K. Ali – I feel like Zayneb and I would get along really well. We are both always angry at the world and we could totally vent to one another. It would be amazing.
6. Casiopea from Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – I love practical characters and even though it may seem that I have my head stuck in the clouds, I really am a very pragmatic sort of person. Casiopea and I would understand each other.
7. Zora from Truly Madly Royally by Debbie Rigaud– I love Zora’s ambition and her desire to do good in her community. She’s the kind of person I wish I was at such a young age.
8. Sweetie from There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon – Sweetie is literally the sweetest and I too want to be a part of her friend group who are willing to take down any guy who might wrong one of them.
9. Dani from We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia – I definitely relate more to Dani than Carmen in this debut. Poor girl needs some people in her corner and I am willing to help her with spy work.
10. Mira from An Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley – This might sound a little weird, but I’ve always been super intrigued by poisons. I’m not saying that this would be my weapon of choice if I were an assassin, but this would be my weapon of choice if I were an assassin. Mira could possibility give me a few tips.
Which character did you meet in 2019 that you would like to hang out with? Who on my list are you curious to know more about? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.