Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Cover Redesigns I Loved/Hated (submitted by Rachelle @ Shell’s Stories).” It’s tempting to go with cover redesigns I hated, but I thought I’d stay positive for this Top Ten Tuesday topic. And since I am horrible at remembering which covers got redesigned, I only have a few to share with you this week. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. His Fair Assassin by Robin LaFevers – I have the hardcover editions of the original trilogy, so won’t be doling out more cash for the paperback redesigns, but they are so pretty. I have the hardback of Courting Darkness and that thing is so gorgeous. I can only imagine what these books would look like if they were hardbacks. I might be tempted to buy them.
2. Vicious by V.E. Schwab – Here I was thinking I got my edition of Vicious early, so I wouldn’t have to worry about them running out or anything. Then they go and redesign the covers. I really like the new covers and now it’s inevitable that if I end up loving Vicious, I’m going to end up with a mismatched series on my shelf. **shakes fist at the universe**
3. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh – I actually don’t mind either of these designs. I really like the original ones, especially with the gorgeous endpapers inside, but there is just something really eye-catching about these latest paperback editions. I think it’s the colors, I’m just really drawn to them.
4. Brooklyn Brujas by Zoraida Cordova – I have the original hardcover edition of Labyrinth Lost, but then they changed the covers and the sequel Bruja Born only matches the redesign. I don’t mind so much, I just kind of wish Labyrinth Lost was available in hardcover with the redesigned cover, so I could own both.
5. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao – I really liked the original design for this duology, but I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t something really lovely about these cover redesigns. Also, does the original feature the snake every cover has been rocking lately? This one did it first!
What’s your favorite cover redesign? Which of these do you like best? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit!