Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books On My Summer 2019 TBR.” Uh, I really have no idea what I’m going to read this summer. Aside from the Latinx Book Club, one ARC, and a couple of buddy reads I have no concrete plans. I was initially going to list books I bought in 2019 that I still haven’t gotten to, but found it too sad. So instead, I’m listing a very tentative TBR because I”m a moody reader who will likely change my mind many times. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo – Starting with a 2019 read that I am determined to get to. The Poet X is one of my favorite books (and we’re reading it for the Latinx Book Club in July!), so I don’t know why I haven’t shoved everything aside for this one.
2. House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig – I feel like I’ve had this ARC for a really long time and I’m finally going to read it. It’s a retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses, which is one of my favorite fairy tales.
3. Interment by Samira Ahmed – I love ARCs but sometimes they can get in the way of new releases I’m also eager to read. That’s what happened with Internment. I fully intended to read it when it was released, but just never found the time.
4. Vicious by V.E. Schwab – I should probably work on my backlist TBR and this is one I’ve been meaning to get to for years. YEARS. It’s also one I feel like the community as a collective has been screaming at me to pick up already.
5. Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo – This contemporary looks like the absolutely perfect read for the summer. I can’t wait to smile my way through this one.
6. For a Muse of Fire by Heidi Heilig– Oh the guilt! I’ve had this one for too long and all I hear is amazing thing. Why haven’t I read it yet? I will this summer…I hope.
7. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera – I think it’s about time that I get my heart broken by Adam Silvera again. I’m kind of ready for it. Hahahahaha…I’m never ready.
8. We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – I started this one last week and then hit a major reading slump. Nothing appealed to me. But sometime this summer, I’m going to restart this.
9. The True Queen by Zen Cho – Oh no, some more guilt! I must pick up The True Queen. It’s one of my most anticipated 2019 releases and yet I still haven’t picked it up. I’m so ashamed.
10. Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers – I reread the original trilogy earlier this year because I wanted to pick this one up and then I didn’t. Epic fail. I must pick it up this summer. I might fail again.
Are you eager to get to any of these as well? Which backlist book on your TBR are you planning to read this summer? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.