Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books That I Refuse to Let Anyone Touch.” I don’t like to lend books out to people. I’ve had people lose my books, forget they ever borrowed a book and they’ve gotten rid of it, and had them returned to me in less than mint condition. I’m the only one allowed to damage my books. That being said, there might be some exceptions, but these are ones I will absolutely not make an exception for.
1. Any New Book I Get – I’m always a little bit protective of books when I first get them. I’m very careful with them and would never even consider lending them out to someone without me first reading them.
2. My Jane Austen Book Set – Maybe the prettiest set of books I will ever own. I got a great deal on these a few years ago and I’m pretty sure I’m the only one who’s touched them.
3. My P&P Illustrated Edition – This is my favorite P&P edition to date. I absolutely adore the illustrations and would fight you if you ever tried to take it away from me.
4. HP Box Set – This is my only HP box set, though I have drooled over many (many many) others. I’ve never read them and have only taken them out a few times for pictures.
5. HP illustrated Editions – Somehow I was roped into collecting these each year they’ve come out. They are so lovely and I fully intend to collect all 7. I’m really eager to see how thick books 4&5 will be.
6. Any White Books – I love how white books look, but I live in constant fear of dirtying them. I have removed jackets while I read just to ensure that I don’t and have taken the extra precaution of washing my hands right before I handle them.
Do you have any box sets you hold dear? How do you feel about white books? Do they make you nervous too? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your TTT, so I can visit!