Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Audio Freebie.” I fail when it comes to audiobooks. I’ve only ever listen to one. It is a medium I’d like to explore more, but my library doesn’t have the biggest selection of digital audiobooks and though they have them on disc, other than my blu-ray player, I don’t have any other way to listen to them. Maybe I need to buy myself a cd player. Do they even sell personal cd players anymore? Despite this, here are a few audiobooks I’d like an opportunity to check out. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – I loved this novel so much, but I’ve heard great things about the audio, which is narrated by Elizabeth Acevedo herself. I hope to reread this one with the audio version someday.
2. Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds – I haven’t read this one, but it’s also another novel-in-verse that I hear is amazing as an audiobook. When I do pick this one up, I’m going with the audiobook.
3. Sadie by Courtney Summers – I really enjoyed this, but I’m so very curious about the audiobook and particularly the podcast portions. I’ve heard that the production is really good.
4. Bird Box by Josh Malerman – I don’t even know if there is an audiobook version of this one, but how amazing would it be to listen to this book while blindfolded?
5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – I’ve always been curious about the audiobooks for this series. I’ve heard the narration is awesome and I’d really like to check it out someday. Maybe do a reread of the series but with audiobooks.
Have you listened to any of these audiobooks? Which would you recommend? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.