Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books On My Spring 2019 TBR.” I try not to make too many TBRs throughout the year, but I usually fail and when I succeed I spend most of my time stressing about said goal. For this week’s list, I am featuring ten highly anticipated spring releases that I will most likely not all get to. This was a hard list to decide on because when I opened Goodreads to check what was coming up, I ended up opening like thirty different tabs. Most of these come out around my birthday, so I am counting on gift cards (crossing fingers). I’m also planning a birthday giveaway on Twitter for most anticipated May releases, so look for that in April. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhouse – Publication Date: April 23rd – Before this sequel comes out, I’m going to make time to reread Trail of Lightning. I can’t even express how excited I am about this book. I’ve never fallen for an author so hard and so quickly before.
2. Nocturna by Maya Motayne – Publication Date: May 7th (my birthday) – This is the Latinx inspired fantasy I’ve been waiting for. Magic. Shapeshifters. Heists. I am ready.
3. Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo – Publication Date: May 7th – I am ready to be completely charmed by another Goo novel. She is quickly becoming one of my go-to contemporary authors.
4. Love from A to Z by S.K. Ali – Publication Date: April 30th (just recently changed) – This much-anticipated sophomore novel by S.K. Ali is almost here. This sounds absolutely adorable and this cover is already making me swoon.
5. With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo – Publication Date: May 7th – This would be high on my list of books I would give my first born for. Acevedo blew me away with The Poet X and I am all kinds of excited for this one. Where are you Rumpelstiltskin when I need you?
6. There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon – Publication Date: May 14th – Why are so many good books coming out in May? Publishing must know it’s my birthday month, because another Sandhya Menon book is just what I need.
7. We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – Publication Date: May 14th – This along with We Set the Dark on Fire is one my most anticipating 2019 debuts. How highly am I anticipating it? I preordered it way back in January.
8. Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno – Publication Date: May 14th – I need this book and I need it now. Would not be surprised if I dreamt of holding an ARC in my hands between now and its release.
9. Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – Publication Date: June 4th – I loved An Enchantment of Ravens so much and am ready to be swept away with Rogerson’s sophomore novel.
10. All of Us With Wings by Michelle Ruiz Keil – Publication Date: June 18th – I love how different this one sounds and the cover for this one is so lovely.
Are you looking forward to any of these releases? Any on my list you are adding to your TBR? Which spring 2019 release is your most anticipated? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.