Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Upcoming Releases I’m On the Fence About.” Instead of looking at upcoming releases, I’m going to look back at past releases for this topic. These are books on my TBR that for one reason or another I have hesitated to picked up. Feel free to try to convince me to do so or not in the comments. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Written in Red by Anne Bishop – I’ve been recommended this book and series so many times. I confess I haven’t started because it’s such a long series and apparently I have commitment issues when it comes to longer series.
2. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia – Don’t judge me, but I’ve had an ARC of this one for years and still haven’t read it. In my defense, I won the ARC and didn’t feel as strong an obligation to get to it because it was after the book had been published.
3. Daughters Unto Devil by Amy Lukavics – I’ve only read one book by this author, but as one of the few horror authors in YA, I feel like I need to read more. I haven’t seen the best reviews for this one though,
4. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir – I know a lot of bloggers love this series and I really wanted to as well, but I wasn’t really that big a fan of the first novel, so I never continued the series. This second book remains on my TBR and the first novel on my shelf. I feel like I might have better luck with this one if I were to reread the first. But how to find the motivation…
5. Vassa of the Night by Sarah Porter – I really wanted to read this one back in the day, but not many people seemed to like it. Every once in a while I add it to my Book Outlet cart, but haven’t bought it yet.
6. The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid – This is one of those books on my TBR that if you asked me to give you a synopsis, I’d be completely lost. I might have to delete it because I have no reason to keep it, but people say it’s good?
7. An Unkindness of Magicians by Kat Howard – I heard a lot of good things about this one and I want to read more adult fantasies, but I haven’t quite been convinced to pick this one up. I am very much in love with the cover however.
8. Invictus by Ryan Graudin – I feel slightly guilty about this one because I loved her previous work so much, but every review I’ve come across has convinced me I’d just feel meh about it.
9. Furyborn by Claire LeGrand – I remember all the hype for this one and ended up adding it to my TBR, but I feel like I’ve come across as many negative reviews as positive. I might ultimately skip this one as her other YA novel Sawkill Girls sounds more up my alley.
10. My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, and Brodi Ashton – I was really excited for this second novel, but I hear it’s not as good as the first novel (which I adored). I’ve put it off as a result.
Which one of these do I need to stop avoiding? Any of these I should just delete from my TBR? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.