Happy October! Hope everyone is having a creeptastic month so far. As you’ve might have noticed the blog has undergone a Halloween-esque makeover. I’m a big fan of the holiday and this month I’m putting together some horror-inspired posts while also picking up some thrilling reads. Today I’ve got a list of creepy shows that I am planning to binge-watch this October and fall season.
1. Goosebumps (Netflix) – This show was a staple of my childhood. I recently discovered Netflix carries these episodes and I have been in nostalgia heaven. It makes me want to cast my October TBR aside and just binge-read Goosebumps books instead. Perhaps one day. I also loved Are You Afraid of the Dark? Let me know if you know where I can find episodes of this show!
2. Slasher (Netflix/Chiller) – I heard a couple of bloggers talk about this show and I’m curious enough that I want to check it out on Netflix sometime this month. I don’t know much beyond what I assume from the title and that it’s an anthology series. As it were, I had a hard time finding a gif for this one without knowing much. I think this is from Slasher.
3. The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) – I am so stoked for this one. It comes out October 12th and at first I thought it was just going to be a movie, but it’s a series and I’m even more excited. What’s Halloween without a haunted house story? Watch the trailer above if you haven’t done so yet!
4. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix) – I read the graphic novel this is based on last year and loved it. I’ve always been a fan of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and when I saw there was a darker take on the story, I had to read it. Now that they’ve made a series for it, I am over the moon. Check out how dark and sinister this one looks in the trailer.
5. Channel Zero: The Dream Door (Syfy) – Technically I won’t be binge-watching this one since it will air weekly, but I still wanted to include it. I’ve enjoyed every season of this weird and creepy show. Listen, if I found a door in the basement of the house I grew up in but had no memory of it, I’d be out of that house so fast. But I don’t mind watching others make the terrible mistake of opening the door. The trailer for this one gives me the creeps and has me wishing October 26th would hurry up already.
Are you planning to watch any of these? Which horror shows are you hoping to catch this October and beyond? Let’s talk in the comments!