Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books By My Favorite Authors That I Still Haven’t Read.” Yikes, I feel like this week’s topic is personally calling me out. I have quite a few book on my shelf as well as my TBR in general by authors I’ve enjoyed immensely that I just haven’t gotten around to picking up. I need to make myself do a backlist challenge or something. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. The Caller by Juliet Mariller – I have had this final book in Marillier’s Shadowfell series for years now and haven’t read it. It’s been so long, I don’t think I can pick it up without revisiting the first two.
2. The Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin – While it hasn’t been that long since I finished reading The Fifth Season, I have had this book for a few months now and really have no excuse for not picking up this sequel.
3. Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik – This was a summer release that if you asked me before summer, I would have told you I was going to get to asap. That didn’t happen. I’m aiming for the end of the year though.
4. Invictus by Ryan Graudin – I’ve put off reading this one because of all the average reviews I’ve come across, but I still feel the need to read it because I loved her Wolf By Wolf duology so much. At some point I’m going to check this out from my library.
5. In the Shadow of the Blackbirds by Cat Winters – I think Cat Winters is one of the most underrated authors, but I’ve been guilty of neglecting her as well. I’ve had this one on my shelf for years and haven’t fit it into my schedule.
6. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo – I am a huge fan of the Six of Crows duology, but I never got around to finishing the Grisha Trilogy. I will need to read the first again to continue.
7. Vicious by V.E. Schwab – I am also guilty of having this one on my shelf for years and not reading it. Every indication says I’m going to love it and yet…
8. The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May – I am a little afraid of this final book in The Falconer Trilogy, but now I fear I’ve waited too long to read it, so I might have to skim through the first two before picking it up.
9. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera – I try to space out my Adam Silvera books because if you know anything about his novels, they are emotionally heavy. I do want to read this one by the end of the year.
10. Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West – I’ve actually neglected the last two Kasie West’s books, but this is the one I’m really eager to get to. Next time I’m craving a light read, I might reach for this one.
Do you ever put off a sequel for too long? What’s one backlist book you’d like to get to by the end of the year? Let me know in the comments and be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.