Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Bookish Worlds I’d Want to/Never Want to Live In.” There are some fantastic literary worlds that I love exploring…on the page. If given the choice, I would not want to be a part of any of these worlds. I like my zombies/evil fae/vampires tucked nicely between the pages of books, thank you very much. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black – I don’t think I have what it takes to survive the fairy world if I’m being honest.
2. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi – While I once wrote I wouldn’t mind visiting Alaka, I would not want to live there. Too many dangerous characters.
3. The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman – Not super eager to be a part of a world with demons running around.
4. The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin – This world is amazing, but I would not like to be a part of a world with so much seismic activity…among other things.
5. Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – Don’t sign me up to be transported to a world where vampires are present. I’m pretty sure I’d be picked off first.
6. The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – Love the idea of being part of a team that hunts serial killers on paper, not so much in reality.
7. Sanctum by Sarah Fine – Please, may I never have to visit Hell to rescue anyone.
8. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – Although I have entertained the idea of visiting White London, I really don’t think I stand a chance against the Dane Twins.
9. And I Darken by Kiersten White – I love Lada, but I do not trust Lada.
10. Dread Nation by Justina Ireland – Zombies being a constant threat? Not a world I’d like to live in. I also have no fighting skills.
Would you take a chance in any of these worlds? Which bookish world would you rather avoid? Be sure to leave me a link to your own TTT post in the comments, so I can visit.