I should have posted this before going on hiatus, but I completely forgot that I needed to put it together. I had/have a 2018 resolution to buy less books this year, but I totally underestimate how hard such a simple thing can be. I find it really hard when there are really great deals out there (I totally folded when it came to B&N’s 3 for $30 YA sale, but managed to resist Book Outlet this time around). Technically I was supposed to be on a book buying ban in March through the middle of April, but I’ll confess here it lasted only a couple of days. I know! I am the worst. I am going to do my best to not buy any other books until the end of April though. Alright, let’s get to the good stuff. Titles linked to Goodreads.
1. Blood of a Thousand Stars by Rhoda Belleza – I really enjoyed Empress of a Thousand Skies and though I haven’t yet gotten to the sequel, I’m still really stoked about it.
2. The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton – If there’s one preorder that I’m frustrated I haven’t gotten to yet it’s this one. Soon. Soon!
3. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – This one was so amazing. My review is going up tomorrow!
4. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – I cannot wait to read this one (but yet I can as I haven’t read it yet). Maybe my next read? Ugh, why are there so many amazing books and just not enough time to read them?
5. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black – I did not expect to enjoy this one as much as I did, but when I saw B&N’s YA deal, I had to include it. Can I have the sequel now?
6. Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman – I have been meaning to read this one for ages and after reading a sample, I knew I had to have it.
7. American Panda by Gloria Chao – I’ve heard nothing but amazing and funny things about this one and decided to go ahead and buy it. Now I must find time to read it.
I Just Couldn’t Resist:
8. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – I waited ages for this one to be in stock again. Now I can finally reread it!
9. To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – Coupons are dangerous! Had one, saw this and the rest is history. But how can I resist killer sirens?
10. The Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin – I wasn’t planning on buying the sequel to The Fifth Season so soon after finishing it, but sometimes I am weak.
11. & 12. Want by Cindy Pon & The Victoria in My Head by Janelle Milanes – I won both of these through giveaways hosted by Rich in Color. The former is one I’ve been dying to read and the latter was such a cute debut. I’m glad I’ve got a copy of it now.
Have you read any of these books? Which book from my haul should I read next? What’s your favorite book purchase so far this year? Let me know in the comment and if you have a recent book haul post, include the link in the comments!