Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. and is currently being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is “Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read.” I went through my Goodreads To-Read shelf last year and deleted a ton of TBR books because I knew I would probably never get to them. That being said, I still have quite a few books on my TBR from a few years back that I haven’t read yet. A lot of these are books I own, so I really have no excuse for not getting to them. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. The Dark Mirror by Juliet Marillier – I have a goal to read all of Juliet Marillier’s books, but I am kind of failing at said goal. I’ve had this particular book since before I started blogging and haven’t even cracked it open.
2. The Splendor Fall by Rosemary Clement-Moore – Pretty sure I’ve had this one on my October TBR for several years now and haven’t touched it. It actually might be time to accept I won’t read it.
3. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta – I always meant to finish this series, but kept putting off a reread of the first. I might actually get to that this year.
4. A Spark Unseen by Sharon Cameron – I have both loved and been disappointed with a book by this author since I read the first book in this duology. Finishing said duology, if I’m honest, will probably not happen.
5. The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Nielsen – I really enjoyed the first two books of this one and yet I’ve been sitting on the conclusion for years. I need to just suck it up and dive in.
6. The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas – I think I’ve had this since the movie came out. I have a feeling I’m going to have to be really in a Veronica Mars mindset before I read this…or listen to it. I’ve heard the audio is amazing.
7. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez – I really want to get to this classic this year. I started it years ago, but never finished. Hoping this year’s effort is a success.
8. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover – I’ve had this one on my tablet for years and have been recommended it over and over again. And still, it sits there waiting.
9. Rebel by Amy Tintera – Why haven’t I read this? A couple of weeks ago we did a TTT list of books we couldn’t remember. I don’t remember much about the first book, which explains why I haven’t picked up this one.
10. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss – So many people love this book, but so many people aren’t so emphatic about it. As a result, I have never felt the pressing need to pick it up. The length isn’t a great selling point either.
Do you recommend any of these? Any books you’ve put off for years that you’re determined to get to this year? Leave me a link to your own TTT post in the comments, so I can visit.