Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Throwback Freebie: Ten Books I Loved During The First Year I Started My Blog, Favorite Books Published 5 or 10 or 15 Years Ago, Ten Older Books I Forgot How Much I Loved, etc. etc. Tweak however you want!” Let me start off by saying that I was tempted to go back and read my reviews for these titles, but instead of torturing myself by discovering I was either a worse or better reviewer my first few months of blogging, I thought I’d just reflect a little on how I feel about these early favorites now. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill – This was the first five-star read on my blog. It’s been a long time since I really thought about this one, but it’s one of the few time-travel books that I really enjoyed. I still think this one should have gotten a sequel.
2. In the After by Demitria Lunetta – Before I got tired of the dystopian genre, I picked up this one and its sequel. They are decent books, but now when I look back, I really can’t remember any solid details.
3. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund – I’m almost certain I wrote this review after a reread. It’s probably my favorite Jane Austen retelling and I remember the protagonist quite fondly. Maybe another reread is needed.
4. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater – Still remains one of my favorite sequels and series. I’m still enrapture over the concept of pulling things out of your dreams.
5. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore – Probably the most underrated novel in the Graceling Realm series. I actually think this one was my favorite.
6. Boundless by Cynthia Hand – I can only recall this series and Angelfall as novels about angels that I actually enjoyed. The ship in this series nearly undid me.
7. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga – I just have a thing for serial killer books and this one is one of my favorites. Can you believe I don’t own these books? I need them in hardcover because of the fake blood splatter under the dust jackets. Yes, you read that right.
8. Skylark by Meagan Spooner – I still have not finished this series. I meant to pick up the last book, but it’s been so long, I don’t think I could go into it without being very confused.
9. The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – I love this series so much and currently have the final fourth book on my shelf waiting for me. I’ve been holding back because I don’t want to say goodbye, but will probably read it this October.
10. Fire & Ash by Jonathan Maberry – The Benny Imura series remains some of my favorite zombie novels. If you haven’t read them, they are a must.
Have you read any of these novels? What’s the first book on your blog that received five stars? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.