Where did this summer go? I had several challenges going on at once over the past three months. I don’t usually take part in a lot of reading challenges, but thanks to these challenges, I ended up finally picking up several books on my TBR as well as reading books I probably would have put off otherwise.
1. The 2017 Debut Author Challenge is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. I’ve officially completed this challenge for the year. Yay, me! I will still be keeping track of any other debuts I picked up, but I’m delighted that I’ve read so many new authors. In August, I read Wesley James Ruined My Life by Jennifer Honeybourn and Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel.
- Challenge Goal: 12 books; Current Count: 13 books
2. Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2017 is hosted by Alexa Loves Books and Hello, Cherry. Not sure if I should really count this fantasy novel toward this challenge, but I’m doing it anyway because I can. This month I read Meg Kassel’s Black Bird of the Gallows.
- Challenge Goal: 20 books; Current Count: 13 books
3. Summer 2017 Bookish Bingo is hosted by Pretty Deadly Reviews and runs June through August. The goal of this challenge is to get as many BINGOs as you can using the Bingo card below. I was so close to getting a couple of more BINGOs compared to last month, but I never realized how hard it is to find a book with a red cover. Seriously, I only have like two books on my TBR with a red cover. Publishers, what gives? I read such a wide range of books thanks to this challenge and even though not all of them were favorites, enough of them were that I’m glad I participated this summer. Final BINGO card below and full list of books I picked up for the challenge.
Books Read Toward This Challenge:
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee (Ace rep) – review coming soon.
- Matilda by Roald Dahl (over 5 years old)
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (thriller) – my review.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (Latinx MC) – my review.
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston (book about fandom) – my review.
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (LGBT+) – my review.
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West (summer release) – my review.
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (family drama) – review coming soon.
- Dark Days Pact by Alison Goodman (sequel) – my review.
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett (name in title) – my review.
- Three Dark Crown by Kendare Blake (royalty) – my review.
- Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser (book with a map) – my review.
- Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho (author from another continent) – my review.
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh (flowers on the cover) – my review.
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson (outside your comfort zone)
How did you do with your reading challenges this summer? Are there any reading challenges you will be participating in this fall?