Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This meme is on hiatus until August 15th, but I’ve decided to do a few past topics while our hosts are on break. This week I’ve selected “Top Ten Books I’ve Loved But Never Wrote a Review For.” Now, I’m actually pretty good at reviewing books I’ve read since I started blogging, but there are so many book I read during my preblogging days that I wish I had reviews for on my blog. Yes, I could reread them, but sometimes it’s hard to find the time. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – I love this book. It’s my favorite in Robin LaFevers’s series His Fair Assassin about female assassins working out of a nunnery who serve Mortain, the god of Death. One day I will reread this and gush about everything I love about it.
2. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson – This is another one of my favorite fantasy series and I’m so sad that I don’t have reviews for any of the books on my blog. I’m thinking a reread is in order and then I could do a series mini-review afterward.
3. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier – This actually includes Juliet Marillier’s entire Sevenwaters series which I have such a special place in my heart for. I’d love to see more bloggers discover this author. Her writing is transporting.
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling – I reread and reviewed the first four HP books for my blog, but stopped short of this one and would really like it if I could review all the HP books.
5. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness – There are so many series I love, but read before blogging and this is another one that really deserves reviews on my blog, so I can convince more of you to suffer alongside me.
6. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta – I have the entire Lumatere Chronicles series on my shelf, but have only read this first book. Still, it’s enough for me to recommend this not very well-known series and I ought to reread it and write a review.
7. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater – I’m sure most of you know of my undying love for The Raven Cycle but before that I fell in love with The Scorpio Races. Why is there no review on my blog?
8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – One of my favorite books of all time. If any book deserves a review on my blog, it’s this one. But will I ever be emotionally ready?
9. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund – This is one of my favorite Jane Austen retellings and though I haven’t picked it up in years, I remember it quite fondly.
10. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken – This is my favorite Alexandra Bracken novel, but it doesn’t get a lot of attention because it was a debut and I just wish more bloggers would read it.
Have you read any of these novels? Which book do you wish you had reviewed on your blog? If you did a freebie Top Ten Tuesday this week, leave me a link, so I can visit!
Sign-ups for the Summer 2017 Comment Challenge for August are now open! If you’d like to challenge yourself and make a new blogging friend, consider joining us. We’ll be pairing bloggers and encouraging them to comment on each other’s blogs all month long. Signups close July 26th. Click the image to the left for all the details!