I normally include my reading challenges recap in my monthly wrap-up post, but since I am taking part in the Summer 2017 Bookish Bingo, I wanted to spend a little more time on a recap of it. This year I’ve signed up for three separate reading challenges. I like the idea of challenges, but they sometimes come with some added stress for those of us determined to achieve their end goals (me, I’m talking about me). I’m more or less feeling confident with the challenges below or at least trying to.
1. The 2017 Debut Author Challenge is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. I’ve been doing some stellar reading when it comes to this challenge, but I think this is the first month where I haven’t actually picked up a debut novel. No sweat though, I think I’ll pretty easily meet this goal.
- Challenge Goal: 12 books; Current Count: 9 books
2. Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2017 is hosted by Alexa Loves Books and Hello, Cherry. I should be excelling at this challenge. Fantasy happens to be my favorite genre, but as of late, I’ve been picking up a lot more contemporary. Still, I have hope that I will succeed at this challenge by the end of the year. For June, I picked up Renée Ahdieh’s Flame in the Mist.
- Challenge Goal: 20 books; Current Count: 9 books
3. Summer 2017 Bookish Bingo is hosted by Pretty Deadly Reviews and runs June through August. The goal of this challenge is to get as many BINGOs as you can using the Bingo card below. I did not get as much reading done for this challenge in June as I planned, but I didn’t pick up very many books to begin with. I have lofty plans for July. Below is an update of my card as well as books I’ve been eyeing for this challenge for July.
- A Sequel: The Dark Days Pact by Alison Goodman
- Name in the Title: Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
- Flowers on the Cover: Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
My Ambitious July TBR for this challenge includes:
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee
- Lucky in Love by Kasie West
Are you participating in any of these challenges? How are you doing so far this year? Have any book recommendations for me for the 2017 Summer Bookish Bingo? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!