Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Best Books You’ve Read In 2017 So Far (break it down however you want — by genre, strictly 2017 releases, whatever!)” Yes, I’m so excited for this week’s topic. I’ve read some amazing books this year and cannot wait to share them all with you. Seriously, who else is having a stellar reading year so far? Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson – It’s been months since I finished this debut novel and I am still thinking about it. If you haven’t picked it up, do it. It’s haunting.
2. Windwitch by Susan Dennard – I’ve read some stellar fantasy duologies during the last couple of years, but it’s been a while since a fantasy series has really grabbed a hold of me and I am thoroughly enjoying this one.
3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas – The 2017 debut of the year was everything I expected it to be and so much more. Seriously, pick this one up as soon as you can.
4. When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore – I missed out on reading this one when it first came out, but this novel has solidified my enthusiasm for any subsequent novel by Anna-Marie McLemore.
5. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi – This is my favorite book that I’ve read so far this year and even though I didn’t fall in love with the first book in the series, Chokshi’s writing made me want to try this sequel anyway and oh my gosh, it was everything I love about fantasy books!
6. A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab – This was one of the best conclusions to a series I’ve ever read and though I was sad to say goodbye to a series with such amazing world-building, I look forward to seeing what other worlds Schwab decides to write.
7. Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina – Do you ever come across an MC who really speaks to you and you can’t help but relate to? Nora from Burn Baby Burn was like that for me and I can’t get her out of my head. In a good way of course.
8. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secret of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz – I finally read this one! And by read, I mean listened to the audiobook. It was every wonderful thing everyone promised it would be and I have plans to read a physical copy over the summer.
9. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo – I think this is the cutest contemporary that I’ve picked up so far this year. I was wholeheartedly invested in this one from start to finish.
10. Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson (Illustrated by Adrian Alphona) – This final spot was really hard to fill, but I decided to go with Ms. Marvel because this year is the first time I’ve picked up a graphic novel and I loved so much about this one. I’ve already read through volume four, so it’s safe to say I’m quite the fan now.
Honorable Mentions: Because I really can’t help it with this list, I want to mention both Lilliam Rivera’s The Education of Margot Sanchez & Rhoda Belleza’s Empress of the Thousand Skies. I couldn’t quite find a place on my list for these two. It wasn’t because I didn’t love them just as much as the others, it’s that I ran out of room, but both are fantastic debuts and I can’t wait for more from both authors.
Have you had the pleasure of reading any of these titles? Are any on your TBR and you need an extra nudge to pick it up? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.