Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Father’s Day related Freebie: favorite dads in literature, best father/daughter or son relationships, books to buy your dad, worst dads in literature, etc. etc.” Am I the only one who seriously struggles when it comes to buying a gift for the old man? My dad is one of those guys who never tells you if he wants anything, so I’m always at a loss. For this week’s topic, I’m sharing some of my favorite fathers and father-figures in fiction. I’d like to note that this list was easier to put together than the Mother’s Day one *side-eyes authors*. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Arthur Weasley from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
2. Mo Folchart from Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
3. Mr. Bennet from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4. Hans Hubermann from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
5. Matthew Cuthbert from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
6. Maverick Carter from The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
7. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
8. Desi’s father in I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo
9. Tom Imura from Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
10. Keith Mars from Veronica Mars
Are you a fan of any of these fathers or father-figures? Which fictional father on television is your favorite? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.
Have you signed up for the Summer 2017 Comment Challenge for July? If you’re looking for a fun summer challenge and are interested in meeting new bloggers, we’d love to have you join us. Each month (June-August), we’re pairing bloggers and encouraging them to comment on each other’s blogs all month long. Click the image to the left for all the details!