Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Summer Reads Freebie.” For this week’s topic I’m simply sharing ten books that I am aiming to read over the course of the next three months. Many of these have been on my shelf for far too long and others are more recent releases. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera – I may be the only blogger who hasn’t read Adam Silvera. I intend to change this this summer. I’d been told to keep a box of tissues close.
2. Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed – I’ve had this book for a while and I’ve heard lots of good things. Summer always seems like the opportune time for contemporary books.
3. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – I really enjoyed The Unexpected Everything and bought this one not too long after, but just haven’t gotten around to it. The cover just screams summer.
4. Made You Up by Francesca Zappia – I won an ARC of this one almost two years ago and I’m ashamed to admit that I still haven’t read it. I want to read this one before picking up the author’s second book, so I better get on that.
5. The Seafarer’s Kiss by Julia Ember – My library didn’t have this one when it first came out, but summer seems like the perfect time to read about mermaids, so I’ll be hunting it down.
6. Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Pérez – I won this book earlier this year and have been dying to read it, but still haven’t set aside any time to do so. I must change that this summer.
7. Simon vs. the Home Sapiens Agenda – I intended to read this before picking up The Upside of Unrequited, but I’m weak and ended up reading her second novel first, so I must get to this one.
8. The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes – I’m ashamed to admit how long this one has been on my shelf. Sometimes you feel compelled to save books you’ve heard nothing but good things about and that’s the excuse I’m going with for this one. It’s time I read it.
9. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz – This was my first audiobook (narrated by Lin-Manuel Miranda), but I want to read a physical copy of it this summer.
10. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – Technically, there’s a chance I will read this before summer starts, but I wanted to add it just in case I don’t get to it. This book looks so wonderfully cute. I lucky enough to win a preorder of this one and I could not be more excited.
Are there any books on your shelf or TBR that you intend to pick up this summer? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.
Have you signed up for the Summer 2017 Comment Challenge for June? The final day to sign-up is this Saturday (May 27th). If you’re looking for a fun summer challenge and are interested in meeting new bloggers, we’d love to have you join us. Each month (June-August), we’ll be pairing bloggers and encouraging them to comment on each other’s blogs all month long. Click the image to the left for all the details!