FLYLēF turns two and Lonna was kind enough to invite me to be a part of her friendship tour in celebration of her blogiversary. To celebrate, an amazing group of bloggers have gotten together and have planned friendship-themed posts for you to enjoy, all centered around the theme…
Please make sure to visit them, and perhaps make a new friend along the way. Also, Lonna is generously hosting a giveaway, so be sure to check out the details at the end of this post.
I think one of the most rewarding aspects of book blogging is the friendships you develop with other readers. And there’s nothing like bonding over a good book. I think most of my blogging friendships started with the love of a book and my TBR thanks (as well as shakes its fist at) every one of you for continually bringing wonderful books to my attention. For this post’s theme, I wanted to share some of my favorite literary friendships. Covers are linked to Goodreads. Be sure to share your favorite literary friendships in the comments!
1. Harry, Ron, and Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – You can’t talk about literary friendships without mentioning the Golden Trio. These three go through so much, but they remain loyal to one another. I also think it’s really beautiful that they grew into adulthood with each other by their sides.
2. Remus, Peter, Sirius, and James from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – It’s unfortunate that none of these guys got a happy ending; actually, it’s down-right tragic. But I’ve always been touched by the story of Remus being a werewolf and his friends turning themselves into Animagi, so he wouldn’t feel so different and alone. Excuse me, I think I need a tissue…
3. Anne Shirley and Diana Barry from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery – Is there anything closer than a bosom friend? I loved that beside the Cuthberts, Anne found Diana as well. I mean, sure, she did accidentally get Diana drunk when they were kids, but it was a complete accident!
4. Kaz, Inej, Jesper, Wylan, Nina, and Matthias from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – Nothing says real friendship like pulling a couple of impossible heists together. Seriously, how awesome would it be to be a part of this amazing crew of friends?
5. Ada Navarra and Corinne Wells from Iron Cast by Destiny Soria – One of my favorite parts about this debut is the friendship between Ada and Corinne. I really need more books where female friends are front and center. Can I get a sequel?
Bonus: Leslie Knope and Ann Perkins from Parks and Recreation – I loved how unbelievably supportive these two were of each other. There was so much encouragement and love in this relationship, I think their friendship was my favorite relationship in the entire series.
I think the first time Lonna and I bonded it was over Robert Beatty’s Serafina and the Black Cloak. I will always associate this book with our friendship. We currently cohost The Comment Challenge together and it has been nothing but a rewarding experience. I could not ask for a more creative and dedicated partner. Honestly, I feel like we’re a match made in heaven and hope in the future we can collaborate in many more blogging projects. Happy blogiversary, Lonna!
❖ May 15th – Bookfever: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 15th – A Reader Writer: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 16th – Milky Way of Books: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 16th – Lisa Loves Literature: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 20th – A Kernel of Nonsense: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 21th – SUSANLOVESBOOKS: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 23th – fallxnrobins: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 27th – Utopia State of Mind: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 28th – Book Briefs: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ May 30th – Foxes & Fairy Tales: Spotlight / Giveaway
❖ June 1st – The Caramel Files: Spotlight / Giveaway
Lonna Yen the creative mind behind FLYLēF (pronounced like flyleaf) who enjoys reading late into the night to satisfy her insatiable addiction to mostly young adult and adult novels: romance (contemporary and historical), fantasy, and paranormal (especially vampires). She believes in the magic of spellbinding words coming together to build breathtaking worlds in our minds’ eyes. Happiness is just a book away, find it at FLYLēF.
Be sure to click on the Rafflecopter Giveaway link below to enter Lonna’s giveaway: A one-month subscription box to Owl Crate, or $35 Amazon gift card for an international winner.