What’s the word for when you set a bunch of reading goals for yourself and accomplish none of them? Ah, that’s right, you pulled on Alicia. I had such high ambitions for myself last year and failed miserably when it came to actually tackling them. I did however do really well when it came to reading challenges hosted by other people. Maybe I’m only afraid of other people’s judgement. This year I’m limiting the number of challenges I participate in to the following and also including a few personal goals for myself (that I’m determined to actually accomplish!):
1. The 2017 Debut Author Challenge is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and will run from January 2017-December 2017. I participated in this challenge last year and really enjoyed most of the debuts I picked up. Among my favorites were Heidi Heilig’s The Girl From Everywhere and Destiny Soria’s Iron Cast. This year I’m really looking forward to a number of debuts including Lilliam Rivera’s The Education of Margot Sanchez, Angie Thomas’s The Hate U Give, and Rhoda Belleza’s Empress of a Thousand Skies. Like last year, my goal for this challenge will be to pick up at least twelve debuts throughout the year.
2. The Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2017 is hosted by Alexa Loves Books and Hello, Chelly. This challenge also runs January – December. The goal is to read as many fantasy novels throughout the year as you so choose as well as participate in four book club reads. My goal for this challenge will be 20 fantasy novels. It’s not a high number and I’ll likely go over, but I feel that I’ve sort of been neglecting my favorite genre as of late, so I’m hoping this will help me dive back in.
3. The Winter 2017 Comment Challenge hosted by myself and Lonna @ FLYLēF . This challenge runs from January through March (though we may bring it back again during the summer) and is a really fun way to connect with new bloggers. Each month we’re pairing bloggers and encouraging them to get to know one another by commenting on each other’s blogs all month long. January sign-ups are currently closed, but you can sign-up for February here.
4. Participate in a buddy read or two. I already have a couple lined up, so hopefully I can accomplish this early in the year.
5. Listen to an audio book. I have never listened to an audio book before. I can’t believe I’ve gone this long without doing so. I’ve got a crochet project already lined up to help me accomplish this.
6. Read at least one graphic novel. Something else I’ve never done before. I have no excuse to read at least one this year. Always up for suggestions if you have any!
Are you participating in any of these challenges? What reading challenges are you most looking forward to? Do you have any personal goals you wish to accomplish in 2017?