Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree (or non-book bookworm items).” And I’m supposed to limit this list to ten? How?! I don’t usually get books for Christmas because I prefer to buy them on my own, but if someone got any of these books for me from this list, I would not complain one bit. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (illustrated by Alice Pattullo) – I need this edition of Pride and Prejudice like I need air. I was planning to buy it for myself this Christmas, but it is temporarily unavailable from both Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Why?!
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (illustrated by Jim Kay) – I loved the first illustrated edition of HP and I need this one so bad. I resisted the urge to buy it when it first came out because I kind of have inside information that Santa will definitely be bringing me this one.
3. Matilda by Roald Dahl – I really wanted to read Matilda this year, but never got around to it. I would probably read it sooner if I owned it though.
4. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke – I’ve been wanting a copy of this one since I read it and I almost caved when it showed up on Book Outlet, but I was waiting for the Black Friday sale and when it finally came around, there were no more copies left.
5. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz – I am determined to tackle this book next year. This will probably be one of the first books I buy after Christmas (thank you, gift card givers).
6. Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Pérez – This is a book that I’ve been meaning to read forever and wouldn’t it be nice to just own it already? Yes, yes it would.
7. A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis – I absolutely adored A Madness So Discreet. I want it—no, I need it on my shelf.
8. Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier – I must own all the Juliet Marillier books and this is one of the few I’ve read and don’t own.
9. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson – Every time I see this on Book Outlet, I’m tempted to buy it and every time I add it to my cart, they all get snatched up before I can purchase it. It’s a conspiracy!
10. The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin – Ask me how many times I’ve almost bought this book. So many times! It’s currently sitting in my Amazon cart being all tempting and stuff.
Are there any authors whose complete works you’d like to own? Have you read any of these titles? Which do you recommend I buy first? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.
Special note: The Comment Challenge is back. If you’re looking for a fun challenge for the new year, consider joining us for January. Each month we’re pairing bloggers and encouraging them to comment on each other’s blogs throughout the month. Sign-ups for January will be open through December 26th. Click on the image to the left for all the info.