Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Ten Characters I’d Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After.” Sometimes book names can be ridiculous. Have you ever read a book where you have absolutely no idea how to pronounce any of the names? But there are times when you just love the characters so much and you don’t want to be too crazy and name a kid after them, but you’d consider maybe naming a pet after them. Not too crazy, right? Here are ten names I’d consider naming a cat or dog after (or maybe a turtle because I’d love to have a turtle). Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Manchee from The Knife of Never Letting Go
2. Blue from The Raven Cycle
3. Gansey from The Raven Cycle
4. Widget from The Night Circus
5. Puck from The Scorpio Races
6. Nobody from The Graveyard Book
7. Kaz from Six of Crows
8. Luna from Harry Potter
9. Mr. Tumnus from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
10. Boo Radley from To Kill a Mockingbird
Would you name a pet after any of these characters? Any character I didn’t mention in the books above that you’d consider as a name for a pet? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.