Another three months have past since my last book haul and it’s once again time to look back and see if I excercised some restraint or if I just went crazy. Last time I did a book haul I was out of control. This time around I didn’t think I bought too many books, but when I started stacking the books I’d purchased since June, it was more than I remembered buying. Memory loss and book buying are never a good combination. Click any image to enlarge.
1. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – I feel like I’ve been holding my breath since last September waiting for this sequel. I’m so excited, but also so scared.
2. And I Darken by Kiersten White – I did not expect to like this one as much as I did. The protagonist is very unlikable and yet I kind of love her. Read my review here.
3. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab – I might have to preorder everything she writes, I love her books so much. This one was so unique, I can’t get over what a great concept it was. My review can be found here.
4. Like A River Glorious by Rae Carson – This one just came in the mail along with Crooked Kingdom and if it hadn’t been accompanied by the book just mentioned, I’d be reading it right now.
5. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby – Loved this book when I checked it out from the library and I finally caved and bought myself a copy. I get bonus points for purchasing a used copy, right? Read my review here.
6. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys – I’ve heard so many good things about this book. So many. So many that I ended up buying it instead of checking it out from my library. Hopefully I can get to this one soon.
7. Chaos by Sarah Fine – I finally bought myself the final book in Fine’s Guards of the Shadowlands series. I’ve been waiting for the price of a used copy to drop and when it did, I quickly ordered myself a copy.
8. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – This contemporary book really surprised me. I can’t get over how dynamic it was. This is another used book I ended up buying because it cost me like five bucks and it’s difficult to resist a deal like that. You can read my review of this one here.
9. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West – This purchase was completely impulsive. I had already requested a hold from the library on this one when the price became absurdly good on Amazon and then I was a goner. Find my review of this one here.
10. On the Fence by Kasie West – This is my favorite Kasie West book so far and I needed a copy, so you know, I went ahead and bought it for myself. Such great judgement…Read my review here.
Although I bought more books than I had planned, I still feel that I showed some self-control. Of course, comparing these numbers to what happened last time makes me feel really good. At some point I think I mentioned I was going on a book buying ban and it never happened. I won’t be making any promised for the final three months of the year because who can possibly resist all those discounts that come around just before Christmas?
Have you read or are you planning to read any of these? What’s the last few books you bought yourself? Are you like me and can’t resist a good deal? Let’s discuss in the comments!