Top Ten Tuesday is an original blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet.” This is going to be a rude awakening. I’ve been blogging for about two and a half years and it never ceases to amaze me how many books are really out there. As a result my TBR list has exploded since I started blogging and there is just not enough time to get to everything, which means I’ve neglected quite a few books on my TBR that have been there before I started blogging. Here is a tiny look at my preblogging TBR list. Covers are linked to Goodreads.
1. Bloodspell by Amalie Howard – Before I got tired of seeing vampire books everywhere and just gave up on them entirely, Bloodspell was on my TBR. I’m pretty sure I’ll never pick it up, so the logical thing to do is to take it off my TBR list. Still haven’t done it.
2. Destined by Jessie Harrell – This is a story based on the myth of Psyche and Cupid. I actually added this to my TBR because I love the famous sculpture of the two by Antonio Canova, so when I heard this one was based on their story, this one went on my TBR.
3. The Dark Mirror by Juliet Marillier – Yes, there are Juliet Marillier books I haven’t read yet. Not only has this one been on my TBR before blogging, it has been on my shelf as well.
4. The Splendor Falls by Rosemary Clement-Moore – I read her novel Texas Gothic before I started blogging and loved it. I ended up with this other novel by her and years later I still haven’t read it. I had planned to pick it up last October for my Halloween-themed TBR, but didn’t get a chance to read it. Maybe this year…
5. A Spark Unseen by Sharon Cameron – I loved, loved, loved the first book The Dark Unwinding, but it’s been so long since I read it that I need to find the time for a reread before diving into this one. I’m certainly taking my time.
6. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta – I really enjoyed Marchetta’s first novel in this fantasy series, Finnikin of the Rock, and went ahead and bought the final two books in the series, but then I think I was just overwhelmed with all the fantasy series out there that I never got around to finishing this one. I really, really want to soon though.
7. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls – I don’t typically read memoirs, but I heard about this one and then found it for really cheap at a used bookstore, so picked it up. Still haven’t read it.
8. Magic Study by Marie V. Snyder – I love fantasy and Snyder is one of those authors I should have read a crazy amount of books from, but I’ve only read two. Now I actually own her complete Study series (as well as her Glass series), but have only read Poison Study. I must remedy this.
9. Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts – I really liked the first book in this duology, but it’s been so long that I actually don’t remember much about it. Another reread to add to my list!
10. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett – There are only a handful of movies I remember from my childhood that had such an impact on me and A Little Princess was one of them. I’m getting all teary-eyed just thinking about it. I’ve had the book for quite a while and haven’t picked it up yet.
Have you read any of these? Any you’d recommend I get to immediately? Let me know in the comments and be sure leave a link to your own TTT post, so I can visit.